Anything is possible if you can see it with your mind’s eye.
1. If you are working or you are running a business you have to set aside time and money to invest in your continued formal education and skills acquisition.
2. Seeing the business side, is being business minded, you can train yourself to be business minded.
3. You can only find opportunities if you are looking for them.
4. You have to be very methodical in breaking down, the reason why something is successful. Most often it is not as simple as it looks.
5. Attitude sets the altitude.
6. Every game, has its own rules, and its own language… Learn the rules, and language of the money game!
7. Planning is important, for whatever you do, whether it is for profit, or not for profit.
8. As you set about your enterprise, you must always consider the consequences of your actions. Don’t just rush headlong into doing something; hoping it will work out, just the way you want it. There are many people who have caused suffering to themselves, or to their families, simply because they took on an opponent, who was bigger, and better resourced, or better skilled than themselves; without proper planning.
9. The moment I see a problem, I immediately begin to think about the opportunities that can be created by trying to solve it.
10. God will do nothing except you pray; and you have to be clear what you want.
11. No matter what business you are in, and no matter how small or mundane, the activities, there must be continuous investment in it.
12. Whether you’re a farmer, builder or engineer, the opportunities are equal: Just add a little innovation.
13. Keeping proper, written records, is key to your success… Keep the records safe, and always have copies”
14. A vision on its own is not enough. Hard work & dedication is required to make that vision a reality.
15. Attitude determines your altitude, if you have a bad attitude, even if you are way up there, you will come crashing down, and if you are still trying to take off, a bad attitude, will keep you on the ground, revving your engines but going nowhere.
16. Integrity is better capital than money. You can accumulate it just like money, and you can use it just like money, but it goes further, and is enduring.
17. Sitting down that afternoon, with a borrowed copy of the New International Version Bible, I sat down to read the bible for the very first time, in my life…….. I just read, and read, and read…Often, I would read the whole day, and the whole night… Finally I finished it after about three weeks.
18. Always seek to get deeper understanding of an issue first. Never accept that anything is as simple as it looks, in fact when something looks really simple, then you should approach it with caution, particularly if you have never done it before.
19. The bible teaches us that every one of us is a unique individual, an absolute original. For the greatness in you to emerge, you have to become yourself, first. You will never achieve this by impersonating someone else on Twitter or Facebook, no matter how great you think they are.
20. I started in business when I was 25 years old, with only $75, pooled between myself and a friend. We went around the suburbs fixing broken lights, and gates. We invested every cent, into doing bigger and bigger projects. For me, nothing has really changed in terms of those basic principles: you start with what you have, you do what you can, you invest what you get, so that you can do bigger and bigger things.
21. My favourite business book is the bible. If you study the bible with a view to extracting principles on how to set up, and manage a business effectively, you will be absolutely amazed; it has everything.